This is a recipe that I originally took from Pinch of Yum and adapted to suit my Candida diet. I also renamed it because to this versatile and delicious creation tastes like a cross between guacamole and pesto.
5 Minute Guacamesto – Versatile Dip & Sauce!
1 packet of fresh parsley
1 packet of fresh coriander
4-5 Jalapeno slices from a jar or 1 fresh one, deseeded
3 large cloves garlic (or more!)
120ml (½ cup) water
120ml (½ cup) olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
60g (½ cup) almonds
- 1. Blend all ingredients except for the almonds in your blender until smooth
- 2. Add in the almonds and keep processing until smooth, or to whatever texture you like it!
This sauce is so versatile and quick too, which is why I love it – thank you again Lindsay from @pinchofyum! Some serving suggestions include:
- – A dollop on the side of your salad
- – As a spread on McCambridge’s brown bread
- – As part of a Caprese salad
- – As a dip for Ryvita or homemade vegetable crisps
- – Below is a gluten-free pasta with broccoli and peas mixed with the guacamesto
Happy blending! Please go to Pinch of Yum and like / follow her blog.